About Kevin Yee
Hi, I’m Kevin Yee. I’ve been writing here on Refugee Hustle since 2014 and on Xanga since the 2000’s.
I’m also the content creator of Kickass Investing and my YouTube channel, which has over 10,000 subscribers and 1.7 million channel views. The topics that I’m known for are pharmacy, high ticket sales, life at 30, 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, and general life/career/business advice.
I’m also known for my newsletter, The Weekly Hustle, which I send every 1-2 weeks. On there, I’m known for directly replying to my subscribers through video messages. Click here to learn more and sign up.
People tend to follow me because of my integrity, openness to life’s problems, and my focus to keep it real with people while helping them.
My “superhero power” is connecting with strangers, listening to their problems, connecting them to other like-minds and to potential solutions, and genuinely caring about the people around me.
How my work will benefit you
Refugee Hustle was created with one idea in mind: Breaking conventional thought and burning your bridges to build and live a rich life.
My work focuses on one question – “How can we live better?”
My vision is to lead you, the next generation of leaders, to build and live your rich life… a life where you can live on your own terms.
My mission is to create an elite digital life academy for the next generation to teach you the life skills that no one teaches you or talks about. I focus on a few topics like…
- How to start investing and create digital assets for generational wealth
- How to invest into real life lasting friendships and relationships
- How to start (and stick) to good habits
- How to design and build your rich life
- How to invest your time effectively, think strategically, and achieve big results without burning out
…and more. And most importantly this isn’t done through motivational quotes on Instagram.
I write about my experiences stepping into the fire and share how to put these ideas into practice in daily life.
But honestly most of these concepts aren’t my own. They are the ideas from both online and offline mentors, thought leaders, friends, and the school of hard knocks. And I make it a habit to give credit when credit is due.
This isn’t the only way to live life, but it’s how I’m currently living my rich life in the moment. I don’t have all the answers, but I love sharing my Refugee Hustle along the way.
After all, I’m a practitioner – not a preacher.
If you want to follow me and build your rich life together, welcome home. You’re in the right place.
WIth most emails and DM’s I get, I will send either a voice recording or personalized video.
Here’s how my approach is different from Most “experts”
- I believe that relationships are everything. In today’s digital world, we’re disconnected and more alone than ever.In a world where everything is automated, I’m here to bring back authentic and real relationships with technology. I focus on being as personal and reply to my readers with videos and voice messages. I also give away 99% of my content for free and aim to make my free material better than anyone else’s out there. This is my secret for any long term relationship.
- I believe in burning your ships to introduce more risk to accomplish your end destination. Risk holds us accountable for our actions. Playing it safe and stability leads to stagnancy. And if you’re stagnant, you ain’t growing. Every investment or goal comes with a cost and that cost holds us accountable. If you are saving without investing, you are losing.
- I do the right thing even when money is thrown in my face. It’s never worth sacrificing my values, relationships, and reputation for money. Compromise this and you compromise everything. So one of my rules that I took from Ramit Sethi is that I prohibit anyone in credit card debt from investing in my programs. There are no magic pills and guarantees with investing or business. 95% of people who are in credit debt aren’t in a position to invest and should focus on getting out of debt first.
Here are some facts about me
- Over 95+ articles published.
- Over 5,000 email newsletter subscribers.
- More than 400,000 visitors to Refugee Hustle.
- Over 800+ videos published.
- Over 1,700,000 lifetime views.
- Over 10,000 subscribers.
- 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Blue Belt at Eddie Bravo’s 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu HQ in Downtown Los Angeles
- 50,000+ views on YouTube for my series Grappler’s Quest
- 10+ years being a white belt “sandbagger”
High Ticket Sales
- Generated $750,000 in sales volume with a set/close model first 8 months into closing
- Ranked #1 on YouTube search for High Ticket Closer
- Closed packages ranging $2,000-$25,000 of B2C and B2B digital products and digital marketing services
- Ranked #1 for pharmacy channel on YouTube
- 12 years experience in pharmacy as a technician, intern, pharmacist, and pharmacy manager
- Current project: Pharmacy Mergers and Acquisitions
Here’s what to do next
The primary place where I share my work is through YouTube and my weekly newsletter.
Over 5,000 people have subscribed. No spam. Nothing annoying or unexpected.
Just enter your email address below and click “Get Updates!”