About Kevin Yee
Hi, I’m Kevin Yee. I’m a pharmacist who transitioned into a full time content creator and high ticket sales. I’m also a jiu jitsu junkie who trains at 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu HQ.
I started writing on Refugee Hustle since 2014, Xanga since 2000, and the founder of Kickass Investing. I also run a YouTube channel with over 10,000 subscribers and 1.8 million views.
People call me the Asian “Joe Rogan” because I cover a variety of topics like pharmacy, digital marketing, high ticket sales, life at 30, 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, and minimalism/essentialism.
No matter what the topic is, I’m passionate with one thing – teaching people how to be rich in both personal and business life.
I’m also the writer of my newsletter, The Weekly Hustle, which I send every 1-2 weeks. On there, I reply to my subscribers through personalized video messages. Click here to learn more and sign up.
My “superhero power” is connecting with strangers, listening to their problems, connecting them to other like-minds and solutions, and caring about the people around me.
How my work will benefit you
Refugee Hustle was created with one idea in mind: Breaking conventional thought and burning your bridges to build and live a rich life.
My work focuses on one question – “How can we live better?”
My vision is to lead you, the next generation of leaders, to build and live your rich life… a life where you can live on your own terms.
My mission is to create an elite digital life and business academy to teach next generation on how to live a rich life that no one teaches you. I focus on a few topics like…
- How to start your first side hustle
- How to start investing and create assets for generational wealth
- How to invest into real life lasting friendships and relationships
- How to start (and stick) to good habits
- How to design and build your rich life
- How to invest your time effectively, think strategically, and achieve big results without burning out
And most importantly I do this through writing about my experiences stepping into the fire and sharing how to put these ideas into practice in daily life – not through a “motivational” quote on Instagram
Most of these concepts aren’t my own. They are the ideas from close friends, thought leaders, and the school of hard knocks. And I make it a habit to give credit when credit is due.
Some of the people I follow are Joe Rogan, Matt D’Avella, Brian Rose, Ramit Sethi, Rich Ux, and Scott Oldford.
I don’t have all the answers, but I love sharing my personal Refugee Hustle. After all, I’m a practitioner – not a preacher. If you want to follow me and build your rich life together, welcome home. You’re in the right place.
WIth most emails and DM’s I get, I will send either a voice recording or personalized video.
Here’s how my approach is different from Most “experts”
- I believe that relationships are everything. In today’s world where everything everything is automated and digitalized, we’re feeling more disconnected and alone than ever. I’m here to change that by bringing back real relationships. I use technology to focus on “re-personalizing” the internet and often reply to my readers with videos and voice messages. I give away 99% of my content for free and aim to make my free material better than anyone else’s out there. This is my secret for any long term relationship.
- I believe in burning your ships. Risk is not a bad thing – in fact I believe you need to introduce more risk to holds us accountable for our actions. Playing it safe and stability leads to stagnancy. And if you’re stagnant, you ain’t growing. Every investment or goal requires a cost. That cost holds us accountable. If you aren’t investing, you are losing.
- I do the right thing even when money is thrown in my face. Sacrificing your integrity and relationships for money isn’t worth it. If you’re willing to compromise these things, then what’s next?I follow Ramit Sethi’s rule of prohibiting anyone in credit card debt from investing in my programs. Magic pills and guarantees with investing or business are bullshit. And 95% of people who are in credit debt aren’t in a position to invest. Instead they should focus on getting out of debt first.
Here are some facts about me
- Over 95+ articles published.
- Over 5,000 email newsletter subscribers.
- More than 400,000 visitors to Refugee Hustle.
- Over 800+ videos published.
- Over 1,800,000 lifetime views.
- Over 10,000 subscribers.
- 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Blue Belt at Eddie Bravo’s 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu HQ in Downtown Los Angeles
- 50,000+ views on YouTube for my series Grappler’s Quest
- 10+ years being a white belt “sandbagger”
High Ticket Sales
- Generated $750,000 in sales volume with a set/close model first 8 months into closing
- Ranked #1 on YouTube search for High Ticket Closer
- Closed packages ranging $2,000-$25,000 of B2C and B2B digital products and digital marketing services
- Ranked #1 for pharmacy channel on YouTube
- 12 years experience in pharmacy as a technician, intern, pharmacist, and pharmacy manager
- Current project: Pharmacy Mergers and Acquisitions
Here’s what to do next
The primary place where I share my work is through YouTube and my weekly newsletter.
Over 5,000 people have subscribed. No spam. Nothing annoying or unexpected.
Just enter your email address below and click “Get Updates!”